Today I am going to be telling you about the habit I have gotten myself into. And that is water. You might think “well we need to drink water to survive so…?” Let me explain…
I use to drink water only when I was thirsty and that is the worst thing to do. That is because when we are thirsty, our body is telling us that we do not have enough water and we are dehydrated.
In reality :
- Woman need 9 cups (2.2 litres) of water per day.
- Men need 13 cups (3 litres) of water per day.
So the habit that I have gotten myself into is:
- Having a glass of water when I wake up.
This is crucial to do everyday because we have 8 – 10 hours of sleep and we haven’t had any water. So by drinking a glass of water in the morning, we are hydrating ourselves. Bonus: by drinking a glass of water after you’ve woken up, the water gets rid of our toxins.
- Have a glass of water before meals (before having my lunch and before my dinner)
This is good because our body is made up of mostly water and by drinking a glass of water before meals, you won’t be thirsty. And this will stop you from over eating.
Have you ever eaten a lot of food and still felt hungry? But than after your meal you drink a bit of water and you feel like your tummy is gonna explode. This meant your body was thirsty aswell as hungry but you’ve over eaten when you shouldn’t have because you were also thirsty.
- Have a glass of water before you go to bed.
This is because you are going to be sleeping for 8 – 10 hours. Your body still needs to be hydrated through the night.
As you can see that is 4 cups of water already. But to make this go up for your daily intake, I suggest having:
- 2 Cups of water when you wake up.
- 1 Cup of water after breakfast.
- 1 Cup of water before lunch.
- 1 Cup of water after lunch.
- 1 Cup of water after having a snack
- 1 Cup of water before dinner.
- 1 Cup of water after dinner.
- 1 Cupbof water 30 minutes before bed.
Already, that is the daily intake for a Woman.
Why is water so important?
Water is important because our body is made out of 60% – 65%. So if we do not have water than:
- Our mouth will not be able to produce saliva.
- Our body will not grow properly or even survive.
- It flushes your body. (Mentioned before about getting rid of our toxins in the morning)
- Helps with digestion
- And etc
There are probably a whole lot more because water is needed for everything in our body so it can function properly.
What will happen if we do not have enough water?
- Feel tired
- Won’t be able to sleep at night.
- Won’t be able to do regular amount of work.
- Short attention span.
- You will keep getting chills
- Have Constipation
- Get Bad breath
- Etc. (And there is ALOT more)
So make sure to drink enough water (9 cups for woman and 13 cups for men) and your skin and body will be thanking you😄
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I hope this was really helpful. This can really change your lifestyle and health. Have a great day!
😘The Average Gurl